So unlike my last entry into My Sephora Diaries, this entry was definitely more positive and a much better overall experience. As far as I knew, there weren’t any events held at any stores in my area that interested me so I chose to just go in for a Beauty Consultation. For this trip I decided to go to the Sephora in Crystal Court located in South Coast Plaza in Southern California. I was told that this location is supposed to model the “new” layout and kind of aesthetic that Sephora is beginning to model their new stores after, and I was impressed. The store seemed to be very open with more space between the aisles than other stores I have been to even though it wasn’t the largest. The layout of the store was really easy to get around, and didn’t have any corners with products that seemed to be ‘forgotten in the dark’ in some back corner of the store.
My appointment was scheduled for noon, which I was able to schedule online. Sephora recently added this option instead of having all the customers call into the store. Making an appointment was very easy and much quicker than waiting to speak to someone in the store.
I arrived to my appointment about 10 minutes early and wandered around the store a bit before finding a Sales Associate to let them know that I had arrived. I was immediately seated and was greeted by a wonderful SA, Jennifer who took care of my skincare regimen before starting the makeup portion of the consultation. Below is a list of products she used in the order of application:
- Caudalie Vinosource Intense Moisture Rescue Cream – $39.00USD for 1.3oz
- Clinique All About Eyes Rich – $30.00USD for .5oz
- Sephora Age Defy Eye Cream – $25.00USD for .5oz
- Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 – $32.00 for 2.0oz
After my skin felt fresh and moisturized I was met by my Makeup Artist, Irene. She was really friendly and got really excited after giving her free reign over what kind of makeup and products to use. Together we decided to do a soft brown smokey eye with a luminous and dewy complexion and paired with a light coral lip! As a bonus, she also taught me the basics of applying false lashes, assisting in conquering my fear of falsies.
Products (listed in order of application):
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – $20.00USD for .37oz
- Kat Von D True Romance Eye Shadow Palette in Saint – $36.00USD
- Kat Von D Monarch Eye Shadow Palette – $46.00USD
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper – $18.00USD for .02oz
- Make Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant Mascara – $24.00USD for .23oz
- Sephora Collection False Lashes in Celebrity – $10.00USD for 1 pair
- Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer in Green – $38.00USD for 1.0oz
- Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation in Beige 40 – $59.00USD for 1.0oz
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla – $29.00USD for .22oz
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Penny Lane – $20.00USD for .01oz
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Caramel – $23.00USD for .03oz
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil – $30.00USD for .35oz
- NARS Blush in Luster – $30.00USD for .16oz
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – $35.00USD for 1.0oz
- Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil in Timeless Coral – $18.00USD for .5oz
I had a really great time today and am giving a huge thank you to the Sephora staff at Crystal Court for such an awesome experience! I really look for ward to returning to this location and seeing thier friendly faces again.