So as a VIB Rouge, I am entitled to complementary makeovers and beauty consultations. Its quickly becoming one of my favorite perks of the Sephora Rouge program because it allows you to really get a grasp of the products on the market by trying them for yourself, as well as giving you the opportunity to try a product or maybe a style that you have never even given a second thought. However, since not everyone is as privileged, I thought that as a monthly post I would blog about my experiences as a Rouge member and relay product reviews, application techniques, ect., to you.
My first months entry, isn’t actually about me, but about my mother. My mom is celebrating her birthday on Tuesday and expressed interest in taking her into Sephora for a beauty consultation. I had given her my coupon for a free makeover while I was still just a VIB thinking that she could just walk in and use it whenever she likes. Unfortunately upon further consultation with Sephora headquarters, I was informed that ‘traditionally’ she could not use the coupon as she was not the account holder, however some locations may make an exception. I had read horror stories of other VIB and Rouge members handing down their complementary makeover coupons to friends and relatives, and definitely didn’t want this happening to my mom especially as it was meant as a birthday gift. I honestly felt that there was no problem with at least asking, and called up my local Sephora. Prior to this, I had just received an AMAZING beauty consultation with an MUA, Luis. So when I called I gave details of exactly what I wanted and I was expecting based on my experience, as well as my prior knowledge of Sephora’s policies. I spoke with the store manager and she reassured me that they would accept the coupon with no problem and booked an appointment! *If any of you plan on booking a beauty consultation using someone elses VIB/Rouge account know that its not normally done! You must check with your Sephora prior to booking and to arrival. Do not expect to just show up and for them to honor the card.
Sunday rolls around and both my mom and I were so excited! We arrived about 15 minutes prior to our appointment time and waited maybe 5 minutes as they cleared the special beauty consultation room (for Rouge members!!) and finished setting up. Once we were greeted and seated by my favorite beauty advisor Luis Najar, I snapped a quick before picture of my mom for comparison purposes.
So just from memory, I’m going to try and repeat the products that she tried. Products and steps are listed below and are in order of application. All prices are from the Sephora website.
- GlamGlow THIRSTYMUD: $69.00USD for 1.7oz. Smells like coconut!
- Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream: $55.00USD for .51oz. Went home with a sample of this!
- Korres Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturizing Brightening Cream: $35.00USD for 1.4oz. Smells lightly of roses. Very lightweight but moisturizes very well. Want to get this for myself!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 in Nude: $43.00USD for 1.5oz.
- Givenchy Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen in 1 Mister Meringue: $34.00USD for .05oz. Went home with this.
- Sephora Collection MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder: $22.00USD (does not provide product amount). I’m not sure what color was used but I think it was either 15-Nude, or 25-Beige. She wanted to go home with this but somehow it wasn’t in our bag during checkout and we didn’t notice until we got home.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush: $35.00USD for .15oz. Wasn’t too keen on this. She thought it was a bit too pink compared to what shes used to . I thought it was gorgeous, and since its infused with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, this blush is very dimensional and acts as a blush and highlighter in one. I will be getting a few of these for myself.
- Givenchy Poudre Bonne Mine Healthy Glow Powder: $50.00USD for .24oz. I cant remember what shade she tried specifically but I think it was 02 Douce Croisire. Luis used this as a light contour and I thought it looked really nice. My mom has had no experience with contouring so she was saying how “it looks dark in the wrong place!” I think after a while she got used to it though, and it truly made a difference.
- Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick in Berry Bliss: $22.00USD for .12oz. She really liked this color and rightly so! I loved the formula as it acts almost as a sheer balm and its infused with argan oil. Went home with this.
- Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in 02 Rose: $13.00USD for .011oz. Came with a built in sharpener and lip brush…nifty. Went home with this.
- Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer: $19.00USD for .39oz. Went home with this!
- Tarte Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette: $36.00USD for (2) .118oz Eye Shadows, (6) .075oz Eye Shadows, (1) .154oz Blush, and double-ended eye shadow brush. Got this for her birthday as a gift, and I think she really likes it!
- NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via De’Martelli: $24.00USD for .02oz. Used to tightline the top lashes only. Luis tried it on her lower lashline and she hated it haha. It was promptly removed, no questions.
- Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes Mascara in Phenomen’Brown: $30.00USD for .24oz. Literally the best mascara I have tried to date. The little ball applicator tip is a little difficult to get the hang of but it works so well. Separates, lengthens, and volumizes literally each lash. Will be purchasing this during the rumored sale sometime this spring. My mom went home with this as well.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite: $22.00USD for .32oz. Bought this during the holidays and loves it!
The finished product!
I thought the consultation went fantastic. My mom seemed very pleased when we left and the whole night was buzzing about “makeup this” and “makeup that”, she even took a bunch of selfies once we got home! It made me so happy that something like this was really able to cheer her up and she looks forward to going back with me in the future.
I will be returning to Sephora next month for my second beauty consultation. I’m also thinking of going to a different one than the one I normally go to to compare the staff quality and customer service. If you have a suggestion for what I should go in and ask for as far as a makeover goes, email me or leave a comment down below!